Thursday, August 5, 2010

T-shirt refashions



I have been so impressed with all the tutorials on T-shirt makeovers this year I absolutely had to make one! Last time I was in town I purchased a few $3 t-shirts from Walmart and have been patiently waiting to tackle new project. This week a fabulous friend offered to tend the boys during ape baby's nap time. My flittering butterfly and I used our time wisely and started crafting. She helped me cut, hand stitch together and place the flowers. Then she kept me company, telling silly stories and giggling over silly things while I machine sewed everything in place. She loves her new school shirt! It didn't take as long as I had anticipated either, we managed to complete the whole project in less that two hours. I can't wait to make the next one!

Go here for the tutorial

Over the last few days I have stared at this thinking "What could I do with this?" Waste not want not!

After a bit of playing around this is what I came up with. I cut a onsie up to make a t-shirt, stitched a strip to the bottom and then used old jean and some remanent material to create the flowers. Best thing is I had it all, I didn't have to buy a thing for ape baby's new shirt. I love being a mother to little girls!! I need to work on something for the boys soon they are starting to feel left out.

8 comments:

  1. how fun, they turned out so cute!

    -jamielyn
    http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, and clever! I'm featuring this on my favorites post, so drop by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute!!! And the little model is precious too. ;) Thanks so much for sharing. Please add a link back to me when you have a sec. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart! I love how you turned it into so many projects :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to my t-shirt party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute project! I may just have to try one myself this Fall. I found you over at Amanda's party...sure glad I did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THE SHIRTS! I MAY HAVE TO DUST OFF MY SEWING MACHINE AND GET BUSY!

    ReplyDelete