Thursday, October 21, 2010

Costume previews

Can you guess who we are going to be??



Definitely learning my limitations on sewing and designing my own patterns!
1.Felt is itchy-not the best idea for a costume! even if it is cheap and holds it's shape really well!
2.I liked the challenge of sewing the brim on a hat
3.You CAN print on material from your home printer! It just took a little patience, but now I KNOW what my printer likes it is so super easy!!
4.Don't let your 8yr old help cut your pattern out or you may just end up having to do it all again yourself (good thing I bought extra material, and I am the queen of mess ups so I just do a few adjustments and altered my original design)
5.I love family themed Halloween costumes!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! So can't wait to see the finished products. I know what you mean about losing pieces. I hate that.

    ReplyDelete