Monday, February 28, 2011

DIning room decor and absent husband

The soldier boy left for a nice and lengthy field exercise. Left me and the four kids to hold the fort- won't he be surprised when he gets home with all the projects I have lined up for the next few weeks ;-)
First one CHECK!

This is our kitchen/dinning room before we bought our house. Some days I wish we could go back to this beautifully clean and unscathed kitchen...
I have never been much for decorating! I think I have been intimidated by breaking rules, and making it look worse rather than better.
I let my husband do the decorating when we first moved in
He put up big huge poster sheets to help him with his homework.
Then we had some random sheets of paper on the wall, I don't even know what they were for
(you can kinda see them in the background)
And then there were the barrettes, which I am sad to say I never took a photo of today befor I removed the hideous sight. I had three 2-3ft random lengths of ribbon pinned full of bows, and flowers. The hooks were past their capacity with headbands. Not dining room material!
You can kinda see two of the three ribbons on the left in this photo taken befor Christmas.
That has been the extent of dining room decor!
Pretty lame!
I kinda knew what I wanted but just have been holding off.
I was at the local craft store and happened upon their 80% off isle. I was shuffling thru their picture frames and found a 35.5"X35.5" frame for $4.77!!
As I walked around trying to find something to match it I happened upon a few cutlery wall hanging thingies. I played a bit with them and finally decided on one.
It wasn't exactly what I had picture but hey the price was right!
Grand total $21.78
It still needs something maybe a few Decorative plates on each side, but for now it is an improvement. I think tomorrow I will go thru the paint bucket in the garage and touch up the tape spots LOL
Best be off to inhaling some more paint fumes! Almost have the can rack ready for laquer and a backing- maybe this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. You are WonderWoman! That is so awesome...and a bargain, too! Let us know if we can help out while your soldier is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being handy seems to run in the family. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hanging thingies. can I copy?

    ReplyDelete