Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken Curry Soup

Upon request here is my sisters Chicken Curry Soup

Sorry none left to take a photo of :-) unless you want me to take a bag out of the freezer...so here is a stock photo

*Sisters Disclaimer* this is not an exact science
WARNING THIS MAKES A LOT! For us it makes three meals. I freeze the left overs in ziplock bags.


Chicken Curry Soup

2-4 chicken breasts, small cubes
2 cans cream corn
1carton Chicken broth
2cans Coconut milk (one for soup one for rice)
1Qt Cream (I use 1can fat free evaporated milk, I like it thick & don’t need cal)
1med red bell pepper, diced
1/4cp onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
2-3Tbsp Curry (I like lots)
2Tbsp Flour
1tsp pepper
1med banana ripe
dash Cayenne pepper (optional)
1-2cps uncooked rice

Cook rice according to package, replace one cup of water with a can of coconut milk.
In large stock pot brown onions, garlic and chicken.
Remove from pot and set aside, leaving any remaining juices in the pot.
Add chicken broth and red peppers to stock pot and boil till tender.
Remove peppers and 1cp broth add flour and blend till smooth in blender or magic bullet
Return pepper mixture to stock pot add one can coconut milk, and cream/evaporated milk, and spices. Stir well
Add chicken and corn (don’t drain). Place banana in a small strainer or tie in cheese cloth and emerge in soup. Bring to boil for 10-15min stirring occasionally
Remove banana and throw it away.
Mix in rice and serve.
Notes- I usually use brown rice and it works with this recipe. I also like Curry so I usually add a little extra. I mush the banana a little to squeeze all the juices out before I throw it away. The riper the banana the better. I usually use one that I have frozen for banana bread.

1 comment: