Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Naming our abode

Recently I have been reading a few books on decorating your home. One of them suggested starting by naming your space. It is easier to take pride in something you have put thought into, and made your own. I by no means follow any decorating sense! I am so clueless but liked this idea.
My husbands family grow up in the "Hill"ton (Hill being the last name) but not something we could use here. While I was on the lookout for something to name our abode I received a note from Aunt Joann. She shared her fond memories growing up of raising chickens (a recent adventure of ours) and how they named their chicken coop.
Feeling very much like a mother hen trying to gather her chicks constantly and shielding them from the worldly storms brewing around us I felt it fitting to let the coop's name live on. Two generations later...we have named this coop

the Roecker Roost

No comments:

Post a Comment