Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Low Fat Corn Chowder

Ok so I think we are over the sickies, I have disinfected and caught up on my sleep and my laundry. I have been avoiding the creative side of me because I am a bit overwhelmed with the Flittering butterflies room makeover due to happen next week for her birthday. I just need to start plunking one project a day out for it and get a move on so it will get done.

My Boys have been begging for me to craft with them! So one yesterday they went out to the garage and decided to take things into their own hands. They found a few pieces of scap wood and build these BY THEMSELVES!


My soldier boy helped them tape the sail on. These are the most perfect bathtub toys!!

The weather in Southern Oklahoma has started to cool off putting me into a soup kick. Huge batches of soup have been cooking in the crockpot all week long and what we didn't eat now fill the shelves in my freezer.
My favorite soup recipe is one I have for Low fat Corn chowder

You need
1 carton Chicken broth
3 cans cream corn (or canned corn pureed in the blender)
1 package Candian bacon (8slices) diced
1/8-1/4 cup Dehydrated onions
1/4 cup dehydrated carrots or 1cup diced fresh carrots
3-4 cups hashbrowns
1 can fat-free evaporated milk
Salt, pepper to taste

Dump all but the evaporated milk into the crockpot stir and turn on high for about 4hrs. Remove lid for last 30minutes to thinken it up. Unplug and stir in can of Fat free evaporated milk. Replace lid and let sit while you set the table and gather the family. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment