Saturday, May 28, 2011

Potato Porcupines

I saw these on Pinterest the other day while checking things out.
(I can't remember what they called them but my sensitive child said they look like Porcupines)
The kids loved them- Granted they were all sick and these weren't ready for dinner in time (fish only takes 20min to bake, potatoes take 45min- DUH!). However, they did pick at them befor bed and asked if I would make them again tomorrow for dinner.
Such a different twist on the baked potato! (or sweet potatoes)

Just slice your potato/sweet potato into thin slices just not all the way thru. Leave a good 1/4" at the bottom to keep it all intact. You don't have to be at all precise! I sprayed mine with Olive oil spray and lightly salted (the sweet potato I sprinkled a bit of cumin on). I baked them at 400F for about 45min (the longer you bake them the crispier they are, I wanted mine to still be soft).
We just tore them off and ate them!
Delicious!
FUN!

2 comments: